Friday, June 25, 2010

My Sewing Circle

I just joined My Sewing Circle and added my first project! Im so excited I think this website is great! I love being able to organize the sewing projects im doing and also the patterns and fabrics. My username on it is just Danielle.

And also, I started Advance 4893. I have everything done but I need to add one more button, and I think i'm going to make a belt. For this pattern I was unsure if it would fit because its a size 14, and as I said in a previous post i've had a lot of difficulty with pattern sizing and things not fitting. I brought this darling strawberry plaid fabric that I absolutely love, but of course it wasn't on sale and I didn't want to use it and then have the dress not fit. So for the first time I actually made the whole bodice out of some old fabric first before starting with the actual fabric (I know there's a name for that but I can't for my life think of it right now). Anyways I know most people do that, i'm just horribly impatient so I was proud of myself for actually doing that this time! lol. It helped though and I'm so glad I did.

And coming up next i'm making a 4th of july dress. I have the cutest fabric for it! I'm thinking of using Simplicity 4379. Only because I haven't made it yet and I want too, i'm just not sure if
I dont want something less simple. It is more of a fun dress and for celebration and this pattern is very simple and plain. But most likely I think I will use the simplicity pattern. I haven't done a neckline like this before so it will be a new challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment