|My unfortunately torn pattern|
When I was really little I had one of those My Twinn dolls and we had matching nightgowns. It was my absolutely favorite nightgown and I wore it till I physically couldn't fit in it anymore! They don't sell it anymore, but it looked like this -
I think it's where my idea of nightgowns must have little rose buds on them to make them perfect! So when I found this fabric I just couldn't say no. It's not the same texture but the roses are almost identical!
The pattern only had 4 pieces to it, so it was super easy and fast to put together! I love the length and that it doesn't use up a ton of fabric, though it is on the bias. Cutting on the bias always makes me anxious because it leaves a bunch of scraps I can't use but it was definitely worth it for this!
I was also excited because it gave me a chance to use my new serger I got for christmas! It took a little bit to get the tension right and everything, but it makes it look so much nicer inside!
I don't know the name for this type of trim- the cotton lace with ribbon that's run through it- but I just love it! It was on sale too, so now I have extra for something else! I like that the ribbon could be changed out too, I may put a pink one through it to contrast the white.