I finished up my 1940 quilted back rest pillow tonight!
It was my first time hand quilting so I think I did it mostly right, my stitches could have been smaller but I got tired and anxious to finish it towards the end of quilting.
I drew the design on the white back fabric and layered two layers of batting in between. I loved the bow design but in the end it didn't turn out very prominent I'm not sure if it's because of the way I quilted or it's just not meant to stand out that much.
I made a pillow in the same shape from plain white cotton, I used leftover pillow stuffing I had laying around and it wasn't as stiff as I think it should be but I wanted to use it up. I definitely think though the stuffing is a huge part of this. In the picture where the outer blue covering is still being made, you can see how the pillow stuffing puffs out and doesn't give it the straight line it should be.
I always hate making my own piping especially in a slippery fabric like this, but afterwards I'm always glad I did. I did really like how it turned out though! I'm glad I used this blue fabric, I can't remember what it was, but it looks like those quilted satin 1940 bedspreads!