This winter I realized I needed a warmer nightgown and since I'm usually really picky about nightgowns, I wanted to sew my own from a vintage pattern. I spent days searching online for different patterns to find one I liked and I bought a couple.
I bought two nightgown patterns, Advance 8488 and Simplicity 2646. I made the Advance one first in a soft blue flannel. The pattern was easy and went together very quickly! It was missing the sleeve band though, and I had to make one of my own and for whatever reason I still haven't been able to get the measurement right and so the sleeves are a bit snug. Other than that I really love this pattern and I quickly made another in red. I didn't have as much red flannel so I made it in the shorter length.
Now that it's getting warmer I would love to make this pattern in a soft cotton. It's the perfect nightgown for me and I could make twenty of them!
The simplicity pattern though didn't come out nearly as well. I didn't like the sleeves or just the fit in general. I actually still haven't fully finished it still. Im trudging through finishing up the sleeve bands, the neckline, and buttons. I will finish it soon, but I wont make this pattern again! When I finally finish it I'll get some pictures of that one!
I did buy one other pattern, which are pants and a top and I suppose I will get to it eventually but probably not till next winter.