Monday, April 8, 2013

More Bedroom Plans

Via

So while I'm not trying to design a historical bedroom here, I am always inspired by historical designs and love to incorporate them into my ideas.

Via

I found some great ideas for canopy beds from Costumes, Cats, and the 18th Century blog! These pictures appear to come from Sweden... I think...  from Skansen. I love the look of this sheer fabric with just the touch of pink in the bows that tie it back.  These draped canopies are a great way to create a canopy over a bed that doesn't have the posts for it, and I love that it's historical too!

Via
Originally I was going to use my blue and white floral fabric so that the bedding and everything would match but I think it may be too much (In reality.. I am just in love with this sheer fabric above) but I think finding a sheer like that will be hard. I'm always looking for sheer fabric to make an 1860 dress and I never find one I like. 

I also loved the detailing on the walls! Mine are a light blue but it would be really cool if I painted on small detailed panels like this.. though I'm not really the best painter!
Via
Here's to hoping that the ceiling fan doesn't interfere with my plans...

No comments:

Post a Comment