This is my newest Seventeen magazine, from April 1946! It's one of the earlier ones!
|Can Homemaking Really Be a Career?|
This is one of my favorite things in this issue! Below it says "Homemaking is not just doing a series of dull things to make a living. It is living... filled with variety, exciting and challenging" by Margaret Mead
You'd never in your life see an article like this in the modern Seventeen magazine put out today!
|How Not To Get Another Prom Bid|
And finally a funny article about what "not" to do on a prom date! From across top row to bottom row says:
- Display your talents long and loud, it makes your date ashamed and cowed
- Too many frills, small bows and lace will make Tom turn away his face
- Big books and words denote a brain all beaux will fear to date again
-A lipsticked shirt makes Jackie blush- The culprit will not get a rush
- Go in for gossip; smirk and chat, for no one likes a vicious cat!
- Eye all the stags; ignore your date (When he deserts you, call it Fate)
-If you would stay at home alone- Antagonize the chaperone!
- Wave both your arms and shout whoopee, then watch the startled stagline flee!
On a side note: I finally got around to updating the look of the blog a little! I made a new banner that actually fits!