Friday, May 24, 2013

Basics

Via

The other day I came across this basic tank top pattern from Wiksten. It was printable and small so there weren't a ton of pages to tape together which is always nice. The fit is great except for the back neckline of the first one I made stood up a little awkwardly. This seems to be a problem for a lot of people but I simply angled the pattern piece to take about an inch or two of the back neckline seen here and that fixed it perfectly for my second top! 


I'm still trying to use up fabric I have so for the first I used some kind of blue and white floral cotton blend that I found cheaply at an antique store and the second I used a floral rayon fabric I bought a couple years ago and had leftover from another outfit I made. It has a cute little pocket but it's hard to see on both of my fabrics! 


I like that this pattern is a great basic and can also be easily modified. I will definitely be making more of these! I found this tutorial for a tank top with a split back and want to try this next! It's a different tank top pattern but similar enough that this should be easy to do with my pattern! 

No comments:

Post a Comment