I sewed up Simplicity 8126 yesterday! I used an old cotton fabric that I had from an 1860 skirt I made four or five years ago but is too short now. I've really wanted a great wrap around skirt so I was excited for this one!
I left the pleat out because I didn't think a large pleat on my stomach would be too flattering and instead just gathered the whole thing. When attaching it to the waistband the gathers had to be really spread out almost to the point of no gathers and I thought it was weird but I just kept going. I finished it up then left it to try on today.
I tried it on today and the first thing I notice is, it barely fits around and gaps in the back if I'm not standing straight and still. At first I thought it was because I didn't put the pleat in and then slowly I realized it was because I only cut out one panel for the skirt... I should have stopped when I was sitting there unpicking my third mistake last night! I should never ever sew tired!
So today after picking apart the whole thing, I finally had my skirt! It ended up looking better on my mannequin then on me. Not that it's awful, but just a little too full of a skirt with the pleat in it also (which I ended up putting it back in, while remaking it just to be safe). I also added a button hole in the waistband to pull one of the ties through. The instructions had them just crisscrossing in the back and I liked this way better.
I like it but it's not my favorite. I would maybe make it again but I think I'd rather have a less full wrap skirt. Plus, I still don't love that pleat in the front!