Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Embroidery Inspiration

It's a new week of sewing and I've been checking out all the vintage patterns on The Commercial Pattern Archive. Their free pattern search comes up with tons and tons of patterns! Here's some of the embroidery I've been inspired by!

via
The Bow embroidery as shown on a blouse in the top right would be so cute to put onto a button up shirt!
Via
How pretty would the bottom border design be with some beading incorporated into it?


Via
This pattern only shows these three letters, but since my name begins with D, I'd love to use that D on something! I'm always looking for embroidery alphabets to keep on file for when I want to embroider something. This would be a good D for a pillow I think. 

There's so many more patterns, it's a great website! It only shows the cover photo and the back photo but some of the more basic patterns may be easily scaled up, I'll have to try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment