Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer Sewing


I've been working on cleaning up all my sewing stuff so far this summer, trying to use up fabrics I have and finish projects that have been piling up. I haven't done much historical sewing unfortunately just lots of quick and easy projects. I've made quite a few home items like placemats and found a great simple summer top pattern. I'm getting caught up pictures of everything so I'll get all my other projects posted this week.

For mother's day I embroidered a "Mothers Tree" which was basically just my mother's mother and her grandmothers and their grandmothers etc., as far back as I could. So I guess it's kind of confusing if someone else looked at it since it includes both grandmothers, since that means mother-in-laws are on it.
Originally I was going to just frame it but decided to make it into a little pillow filled with lavender. I really like how it came out though, I used a scrap of silk I had and the lavender was perfect for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment