Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Update #2

This week has been pretty uneventful sewing wise, but yesterday and today I've managed to work on a couple of things though I haven't finished anything. 

I finally started my 1780's padding/ butt thing/ Bum - Rump (I'm not sure what the real name is). I'm hoping that it will help the tails of my 18th century jacket stand out more. I need to get more stuffing and hopefully I'll finish this up tonight.

The stomacher for my jacket I should have done like two weeks ago. It's not done, it needs to be sewn to the lining but I'm saving that for when I babysit tonight. It's off center but I didn't want to use up too much of the fabric because I want enough for a petticoat. The more I look at it, the more it bugs me... oh well... 

I also started my 1940 quilted satin comforter! It took me a while this week to pick a fabric and copy the design onto paper and get it all set up but it's finally ready to be quilted! I've only hand- quilted two leaves though.. this project is going to be a long one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment