Here is my second attempt at 18th century stays. I changed patterns and I actually got a much better fit than before! Next time though a front lacing one for sure... I dread putting this on because the back lacing is a pain! It could be made a little smaller too since it laces completely closed.
I also did half-boned stays instead of fully boned only because the pattern was for half boned stays.
They still need the eyelets finished but I feel like I may get fed up and want to make another front lacing pair soon so I'm hesitant to take the time to do all the eyelets. I have it laced with a ribbon since that's what I have on hand at the moment.
Pattern: Ralph Pink 18th Century Stays
Accuracy: the pattern is accurate but it's all machine sewn. I won't hand sew a pair of stays till I have a pattern that fits perfectly! Fabric probably isn't accurate. I love paying attention to accuracy but always getting accurate fabrics can get expensive so I'm satisfied if I can just make it in a historically accurate way.
Time: a good week of sewing all the time
Fabric: all of it came from my stash. I don't know what the blue is, it may be linen. The inside layer is some cotton I had on hand. and light blue cotton binding I had on hand.
P.S. the 1860 sheer is on it's way!! I just can't decide between design ideas!